TEL AVIV, April 4 (Reuters) -
* Israeli flavour and fine ingredients company Frutarom Industries said on Tuesday it acquired French flavours company Rene Laurent for $21.3 million.
* The deal was financed through bank debt.
* Founded in 1885, Rene Laurent had sales of $13.2 million in the 12 months ending in March 2017 and employs 100 people.
* Rene Laurent has two production sites and an R&D centre near Cannes plus a production site near Casablanca. The company has a broad customer base in Europe, mainly in France, as well as in French-speaking countries in Africa and in Asia.
* This is Frutarom’s second acquisition this year following the purchase of South Africa’s Unique Flavors. (Reporting by Tova Cohen)