SYDNEY, April 6 U.S. soybeans edged higher on
Thursday, extending two-day gains to nearly 1 percent, as
unfavourable weather in Argentina slowed the harvesting of
* The most active soybean futures on the Chicago Board Of
Trade rose 0.1 percent to $9.45-1/2 a bushel, having
firmed 0.7 percent on Wednesday.
* Soybeans hit a low of $9.36-1/2 a bushel on Tuesday, the
lowest since Sept. 27, 2016.
* Soybeans drew support from rains in Argentina that have
stalled the soybean harvest. A year ago, flooding disrupted
harvesting and sent prices soaring.
* The most active corn rose 0.1 percent to $3.65-1/4 a
bushel, having gained 0.5 percent in the previous session.
* The most active wheat rose 0.2 percent to $4.30-1/2
a bushel, having closed up 0.6 percent on Wednesday.
* U.S. Energy Information Administration showed inventories
of corn-based ethanol fuel reached a record high last week as
* The dollar nursed losses against a basket of currencies
early on Thursday, weighed down by caution over the impending
U.S.-China summit and geopolitical concerns.
* Oil prices settled a shade firmer on Wednesday, easing
from one-month highs, as support from an outage at the largest
UK North Sea oilfield was offset by a surprise increase in U.S.
crude inventories to a record high limited price gains.
* Wall Street ended lower on Wednesday after a
late-afternoon reversal following signals from the Federal
Reserve that it could change its bond investment policy this
year, quenching a rally sparked by a strong private-sector jobs
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0145 China Caixin services PMI Mar
0600 Germany Industrial orders Feb
1130 U.S. Challenger layoffs Mar
1230 U.S. Weekly jobless claims
Grains prices at 0111 GMT
Contract Last Change Pct chg Two-day chg MA 30 RSI
CBOT wheat 430.50 0.75 +0.17% +0.64% 436.38 59
CBOT corn 365.25 0.50 +0.14% -0.68% 366.28 58
CBOT soy 945.50 1.25 +0.13% +0.77% 998.28 24
CBOT rice 10.17 -$0.01 -0.05% +0.99% $9.77 79
WTI crude 50.82 -$0.33 -0.65% -0.41% $50.26 61
Euro/dlr $1.068 $0.003 +0.24% +0.01%
USD/AUD 0.7562 -0.007 -0.87% -1.02%
Most active contracts
Wheat, corn and soy US cents/bushel. Rice: USD per hundredweight
RSI 14, exponential
(Reporting by Colin Packham; Editing by Richard Pullin)