SYDNEY, April 11 U.S. corn prices edged down on
Tuesday to retreat from a six-day high touched in the previous
session, with U.S. government forecasts expected to underscore
oversupply in global markets.
* The most active corn futures on the Chicago Board of Trade
fell 0.1 percent to $3.66-3/4 a bushel. They gained 2.1
percent in the previous session, when prices hit their highest
since April 4 at $3.67.
* The most active soybean futures were little changed
at $9.42-1/4 a bushel, having closed steady on Monday.
* The most active wheat contract was unchanged at
$4.28-3/4 a bushel, having ended Monday up 1.1 percent.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture said the corn crop was
3 percent planted, behind an average of trade estimates for 4
percent but in line with the five-year average.
* Wheat was pegged at 52 percent good-to-excellent, matching
* Grain markets are positioning for the U.S. Department of
Agriculture monthly supply/demand report, which is expected to
show a rise in South American corn and soybean crops.
* The dollar fell on Monday as U.S. Treasury yields dipped
and traders consolidated Friday's gains on low volume to start
the holiday-shortened U.S. trading week.
* U.S. crude oil rose for a sixth consecutive session on
Tuesday to hit its highest level in five weeks, underpinned by
tensions following a U.S. missile strike on Syria and a shutdown
at Libya's largest oilfield.
* U.S. stocks ended a choppy session slightly higher on
Monday as gains in energy shares offset losses in financials
ahead of quarterly corporate earnings later this week.
0900 Euro Zone Industrial Production Feb
1000 U.S. NFIB Business Optimism Mar
1400 U.S. JOLTS Job Openings Feb
Grains prices at 0041 GMT
Contract Last Change Pct chg Two-day chg MA 30 RSI
CBOT wheat 428.75 0.00 +0.00% +1.12% 433.71 55
CBOT corn 366.75 -0.25 -0.07% +2.02% 365.34 57
CBOT soy 942.25 0.50 +0.05% +0.03% 986.99 20
CBOT rice 10.25 -$0.02 -0.15% +0.20% $9.85 83
WTI crude 53.22 $0.14 +0.26% +1.88% $50.17 80
Euro/dlr $1.060 $0.000 +0.02% +0.07%
USD/AUD 0.7507 0.001 +0.09% +0.16%
Most active contracts
Wheat, corn and soy US cents/bushel. Rice: USD per hundredweight
RSI 14, exponential
(Reporting by Colin Packham; Editing by Joseph Radford)