3 Min Read
SYDNEY, April 7 (Reuters) - London copper firmed in early trading in Asia on Friday as the U.S. dollar fell after the United States launched cruise missiles against an air base in Syria.
* LME COPPER: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange rose 0.4 percent to $5,881 a tonne by 0252 GMT, reversing losses from the previous session.
* SHFE COPPER: The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange was down 0.5 percent to 47,720 yuan ($6,916) a tonne.
* MISSILE STRIKE: U.S President Donald Trump said he ordered missile strikes against a Syrian airfield from which a deadly chemical weapons attack was launched, declaring he acted in America's "national security interest" against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
* MARKET REACTION: Stocks slumped and safe haven bonds and the yen jumped in Asia on Friday after the United States launched the missiles, potentially escalating the conflict and spooking investors globally.
* AUSTRALIA EXPORTS: Australia's export earnings from mining and energy commodities were forecast on Friday to leap 32 percent to a record A$215 billion ($162 billion) in fiscal year 2017, reflecting recoveries in its most valuable exports - iron ore and coal.
* JINDAL SUSPENSION: India's Jindal Steel and Power suspended operations at its coking coal mine in Australia last month due to heavy rains caused by Cyclone Debbie, forcing it to declare force majeure.
* TECH INNOVATIONS: Mining companies chasing the kind of technological breakthroughs made long ago in the manufacture of cars and mobile phones have unveiled eye-catching innovations ranging from vast drills and remote-controlled trucks to second-by-second data analysis.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
DATA AHEAD (GMT) 0600 Germany Industrial output Feb 0600 Germany Trade data Feb 0645 France Industrial output Feb 0645 France Trade data Feb 0800 China Forex reserves Mar 0830 Britain Industrial output Feb 1230 U.S. Nonfarm payrolls Mar 1230 U.S. Unemployment rate Mar 1400 U.S. Wholesale sales Feb
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.9004 Chinese yuan renminbi)
Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Richard Pullin