MELBOURNE Oct 10 London nickel rose on Monday as Chinese markets returned after a week long break and traders bought the metal, which fell last week when Indonesian officials said they were considering reinstating nickel ore exports.
* Three-month nickel on the London metal Exchange climbed 1 percent to $10,300 a tonne. Prices fell 3.5 percent last week.
* Indonesia could export up to 15 million tonnes of nickel ore in 2017 if it amends a ban on unprocessed ore exports, a mining ministry official said on Friday.
* Copper rose 0.3 percent to $4,790 a tonne by 0111 GMT, following from a small gain in the previous session.
* Shanghai Futures Exchange nickel fell by 0.7 percent. ShFE copper fell by 0.5 percent.
* U.S. employment growth eased for the third straight month in September and the jobless rate rose, but the slowdown was not expected to prevent the Federal Reserve from raising interest rates later this year.
* Japan's core machinery orders were expected to fall for the first time in three months in August, a Reuters poll found, suggesting a strong yen and weak domestic and external demand may have kept companies cautious towards investment.
* The German economy will grow slightly faster than expected this year due to state spending on migrants and soaring private consumption, the Economy Minister said on Friday, and he called for more public investment in schools and roads.
* Hedge funds and money managers raised their net long positions in COMEX gold and silver contracts in the week to Oct. 4, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission data showed on Friday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares crept higher and the Mexican peso jumped on Monday as odds of a victory by Republican nominee Donald Trump for the U.S. presidential bid widened just hours before a debate with Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0600 Germany Trade data Aug
0830 Euro zone Sentix index Oct
1400 U.S. Employment trends Sep
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Michael Perry)
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.