SAN FRANCISCO Google Inc (GOOG.O) said on Wednesday the first cars running Android Auto will hit showrooms later this year, after the Internet search giant signed on 40 auto-industry partners for its car-software development alliance.
Executives demonstrated to developers on Wednesday how Android Auto acts like an extension of its popular mobile phone software and will be completely voice-enabled, allowing drivers to navigate maps and send messages while behind the wheel.
(Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
Apple Inc is investigating how to charge electric cars, talking to charging station companies and hiring engineers with expertise in the area, according to people familiar with the matter and a review of LinkedIn profiles. Full Article
- India says Apple must sell locally-sourced goods to set up stores - source
- Exclusive - Bangladesh probes 2013 hack for links to central bank heist
- Analysis - Automakers, tech companies decide to make deals, not war
- Exclusive - In Ecuador cyber heist, thieves moved $9 million to 23 Hong Kong firms
- Microsoft to cut 1,850 jobs at struggling smartphone unit