SAN FRANCISCO Google Inc (GOOG.O) said on Wednesday the first cars running Android Auto will hit showrooms later this year, after the Internet search giant signed on 40 auto-industry partners for its car-software development alliance.
Executives demonstrated to developers on Wednesday how Android Auto acts like an extension of its popular mobile phone software and will be completely voice-enabled, allowing drivers to navigate maps and send messages while behind the wheel.
(Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
Business software maker Oracle Corp said on Thursday it would buy NetSuite Inc for about $9.3 billion in cash, a deal designed to help Oracle gain market share in the fast-growing cloud computing business. Full Article
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again
- Mercedes rejects claims about 'misleading' self-driving car ads
- New crop of robots to vie for space in the operating room
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Video: Exercise plus electro-stimulation boosts calorie burn, study says