SAN FRANCISCO Google Inc (GOOG.O) (GOOGL.O) unveiled a "Google Fit" platform on Wednesday to help users of its Android mobile software collate and keep track of health and fitness data on smartwatches and other mobile devices.
Fit functions similarly to recently introduced services from Apple (AAPL.O) and Samsung (005930.KS). The tracking and analysis of health information is expected to be a big driver for smartwatches and other sensor-laden devices this year.
(Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
Indian IT services exports are likely to grow at a slower pace next fiscal year than in the recent past as global clients rein in technology spending, an industry lobby group said on Thursday. Full Article
- Cisco to pay $1.4 billion for Internet of Things firm Jasper
- Hackers attack 20 mln accounts on Alibaba's Taobao shopping site
- Sharp chooses Foxconn as preferred bidder over Japan fund -sources
- Google search chief Singhal to quit, to be replaced by AI head
- To silence propaganda, Iraq seeks to take Islamic State offline