MUMBAI A number of investment banks, including Credit Suisse and Nomura, cut their ratings on Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HLL.NS), a day after the country's largest consumer goods maker disappointed investors with slower-than-expected volume growth and a hike in royalty payments.
Credit Suisse cut its rating on Hindustan Unilever to "neutral", while domestic brokerage IDFC downgraded it to "underperformer".
CLSA cut the company to "sell" from "outperform," while Nomura cut its rating to "reduce" from "neutral".
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again