Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Hindustan Unilever fall 0.8 percent, dipping below its 200-day moving average for the first time since May 5, 2011.
Falls in Hindustan Unilever come ahead of October-December results due on Tuesday. India's largest consumer goods maker is expected to post a 16 percent rise in third quarter net profit to 8.8 billion rupees, according to StarMine analyst estimates.
Analysts say comments on volume growth and royalty payments to Unilever Plc would be key.
Hindustan Unilever shares have fallen 11.2 percent since October 26 as of Friday's close, after volume growth disappointed in the July-September quarter as well as on royalty payment concerns.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again