May 26 (Reuters) - Aviragen Therapeutics Inc
* Voluntarily decided to delay further enrollment in phase 2a trial of bta585 for treatment of RSV infections being conducted in U.K
* Decision emanated from a lab report from 1 subject showing an increase of a cardiac enzyme level coupled with transient ECG changes
* Received verbal communication from FDA that IND for BTA585 has been placed on clinical hold
* There are currently no trials of BTA585 being conducted under IND.
* More specific written information from FDA concerning clinical hold is expected within 30 days
* Reached out to medicines and healthcare products regulatory agency to discuss this event
* Aviragen Therapeutics provides update on phase 2a trial of bta585 for the treatment of RSV infections Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)