Oct 18 Meridian Bioscience Inc
* Comments on preliminary fiscal 2016 operating results and provides fiscal 2017 revenue and earnings guidance
* Sees FY 2017 earnings per share $0.81 to $0.85 excluding items
* Sees FY 2016 earnings per share $0.75 to $0.76
* Sees FY 2017 revenue $205 million to $210 million
* Sees FY 2017 revenue up 5 to 7 percent
* Sees FY 2016 revenue about $196 million
* Q4 revenue $47 million versus I/B/E/S view $49.2 million
* Continue to seek acquisition and collaboration opportunities to expand and extend core capabilities
* FY2016 earnings per share view $0.86, revenue view $198.5 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* FY2017 earnings per share view $0.91, revenue view $210.6 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Magellan expected to be a penny dilutive to earnings per share for six months since acquisition, also better than expected Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Morton County sheriff defends tactics against pipeline protesters
CANNON BALL, N.D., Dec 4 The sheriff of the North Dakota county where thousands of people are protesting a controversial pipeline project defended police tactics after they used water hoses and rubber bullets in a late November confrontation.
UPDATE 1-Saudi, Kuwait expect to restart Neutral Zone oilfields soon -sources
DUBAI, Dec 4 Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are expected to agree this month to resume oil production from the jointly operated oilfields in the Neutral Zone that lies between both countries, industry sources told Reuters on Sunday.