UPDATE 3-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 23
Jan 23 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 31 points at 7,168 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.48 percent ahead of the cash market open.
Dec 12 Patterson-UTI Energy Inc :
* Says Patterson-UTI expects to achieve synergies in excess of $50 million from deal
* Says will acquire Seventy Seven Energy in exchange for approximately 49.6 million shares of common stock of Patterson-UTI
* Says all of Seventy Seven Energy's debt is expected to be repaid at closing of transaction.
* Says terms of merger agreement were unanimously approved by boards of directors of both companies
* Says transaction values Seventy Seven Energy at approximately $1.76 billion
* Says also expects to issue additional equity in connection with closing transaction
* Patterson-UTI energy and seventy seven energy announce agreement to merge Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
ZURICH, Jan 23 Actelion's Opsumit drug missed a primary endpoint in a late-stage study of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension due to Eisenmenger Syndrome, a doctor involved in the trial said in a statement from the Swiss drugmaker.