Sept 21 Alior Bank :
* Poland's Alior Bank said on Wednesday that it has entered
exclusive talks with Austria's Raiffeisen Bank International
(RBI) over the purchase of Raiffeisen's Polish
demerged core banking business.
* "On 21 September 2016 (Alior) Bank commenced a period of
exclusive negotiations with RBI concerning the acquisition of
the demerged core banking business of Raiffeisen Bank Polska,"
* Earlier on Wednesday, Poland's PKO BP bank said it entered
exclusive talks over buying Raiffeisen leasing business in
* A spokeswoman for Raiffeisen confirmed on Wednesday the
bank is in exclusive talks with Alior Bank and PKO.
* A source told Reuters earlier in September that PKO and
Alior Bank have filed bids to buy the local unit of Austria's
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage:
(Reporting by Marcin Goettig; Additional reporting in VIENNA by