Sept 29 (Reuters) - National Amusements Inc:
* National Amusements, Inc. proposes combination of CBS and Viacom
* National Amusements, Inc - believe that a combination of CBS and Viacom might offer "substantial synergies"
* National Amusements - tentative view is that "optimal structure" would be all-stock deal in which stockholders of each co would get shares in combined co
* National Amusements - none of Sumner Redstone, Shari Redstone or David Andelman will vote on board consideration potential CBS-Viacom merger
* National Amusements - believe any potential CBS-Viacom deal should be result of fair deliberation; any deal would proceed only if approved by each board
* National Amusements is not willing to accept or support any acquisition by a third party of either company
* National Amusements - not willing to accept any deal that would result in National Amusements surrendering controlling position in either CBS or Viacom Source text for Eikon: ;))