Oct 4 Cargill Inc
* Qtrly net earnings on a U.S. GAAP basis were $852 million, up 66 percent from $512 million a year ago
* Animal nutrition & protein segment was largest contributor to adjusted operating earnings in Q1, with results up sharply from prior year
* Q1 origination & processing earnings rose moderately from last year's Q1
* Improved earnings in starches and sweeteners, and edible oils lifted segment earnings in food ingredients & applications for quarter
* Sale will allow capital to buy and feed cattle to be redeployed in other parts of business
* Adjusted operating earnings rose 35 percent to $827 million in Q1, compared with $611 million in year-ago period
* Qtrly revenues were $27.1 billion, essentially even with last year's $27.5 billion.
* Qtrly origination & processing earnings rose moderately from last year's Q1
* Cargill is selling two cattle yards in Texas Panhandle to Amarillo-based Friona Industries
* Industrial & financial services was profitable for quarter Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.