BRIEF-Ligand says partner Lundbeck plans to make Carnexiv commercially available in U.S. in early 2017
Oct 7 Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc
* Partner Lundbeck receives FDA approval of Carnexiv(tm) (carbamazepine) injection as intravenous short-term replacement therapy for certain seizure types
* Ligand earns $1.25 million milestone payment to be recognized in Q4
* Says approval milestone had been anticipated for Q3 and now will be recognized in Q4
* Lundbeck plans to make Carnexiv commercially available in United States in early 2017
* Is also entitled to receive a royalty of 2.75% on net sales of Carnexiv Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.