Dec 12 Source: Fitch
* Fitch says battle for customers persists in 2017 for U.S.
* Fitch says U.S. retailers and restaurants will continue to
face a competitive environment in 2017 as they navigate changing
* Fitch on U.S. retail, restaurants says projects U.S.
Retail sales, excluding automobiles and gasoline, to grow 3%-4%
* Fitch on U.S. retail, restaurants says restaurant
companies will also see market share shifts in 2017
* Fitch on U.S. Retail and restaurants says expects food
away from home sales to increase 4% in 2017, slightly lower than
5% projected for 2016
* Fitch on U.S. retail, restaurants says it believes
Mcdonald's Corp. will continue to lose market share in U.S. due
to heightened competition
Source text for Eikon: