Dec 22 Piper Jaffray Companies :
* Piper Jaffray Companies- estimates that impairment charge will be in range of $75 million to $95 million on a pre-tax basis- SEC filing
* Piper Jaffray -asset management segment experienced net outflows of assets under management during its fiscal year ending December 31, 2016
* Piper Jaffray -believes net outflows are result of an extended cycle of investors favoring passive investment vehicles over active management
* Piper Jaffray -on Dec 21, concluded required to record noncash impairment charge to reduce carrying value of goodwill associated with asset management segment
* Piper Jaffray Companies - impairment will not result in any current or future cash expenditures Source text: (bit.ly/2i03svF) Further company coverage:
Chinese securities regulator tightens up on selling by big shareholders
BEIJING, May 27 China's securities markets regulator published rules on Saturday aimed at preventing major shareholders of listed companies from reducing their holdings in an "intensive, massive and disorderly" manner that "disturbed market order and dented investor confidence," according to a statement on its website.