Dec 23 (Reuters) - Fitch on Kenya
* country ceiling has been affirmed at 'BB-' and short-term foreign and local currency idrs at 'B'
* Kenya's large and persistent fiscal deficits have led to steady increase in gross general government debt, to 55% of gdp at end-fy16 from 42% at end-fy13
* estimate current account deficit declined to 6.6% of GDP in 2016, from 9.8% in 2014, due to tapering capital imports and lower oil prices
* Kenya's IMF programme provides additional support for external position
* Fitch affirms Kenya at 'B+'; negative outlook
* forecasts a fiscal deficit of 7.1% of GDP for fiscal year ending June 2017
* medium-term growth outlook remains strong Source text for Eikon: