1 Min Read
Jan 3 (Reuters) - Reserve Bank of India:
* RBI - allocation of cash for rural areas
* RBI - chests should issue bank notes in denominations of INR 500 and below.
* RBI - banks should indent for coins, obtain supply from issue departments of RBI, if required, and ensure supply to public on priority basis
* RBI - banks should advise currency chests to step up issue of fresh notes to rural branches of RRBS, DCCBS and commercial banks, white label ATMs, post offices
* RBI - Indian banks should distribute at least 40 percent of banks notes supplied to rural areas
* RBI - existing stock of other denominations notes below 100 rupees should be issued liberally to rural areas Source text - (bit.ly/2hMrBXp)