Jan 3 (Reuters) - Welltower Inc :
* Welltower Inc - board extended tenure of chief executive officer Thomas J. Derosa for an additional 3-year period through April 2020
* Welltower Inc - announced a new organization structure to support "continued growth of its healthcare real estate portfolio"
* Welltower Inc - Jeffrey Miller, chief operating officer, has decided to retire effective February 1, 2017
* Welltower Inc - chief operating officer function will also be eliminated
* Chief financial officer Scott Estes will assume additional responsibilities for information management
* Welltower - due to changes to organization structure , role of CIO currently held by Scott Brinker, is being eliminated effective as of Tuesday
* Role of chief investment officer is being eliminated effective as of Tuesday Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: