Jan 11 Cineworld Group Plc :
* Trading update
* Group achieved strong revenue growth of 12.6 pct for year
ended 31 december 2016, 8.3 pct on a constant currency basis.
* As a result, group's overall performance for year ended 31
december 2016 is expected to be in line with current market
* Group reached record admissions levels in 2016, passing
milestone of over 100 million people coming through our doors to
watch a movie.
* Admissions increased in both uk & ireland and row, with
double digit growth taking place in row.
* Top performing movies of year were "Star Wars: Rogue One",
"Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" and "Bridget Jones's
Baby", " Jungle Book", " Secret Life Of Pets" and "Zootropolis"
* Increase in admissions drove 12.7 pct growth in retail
* Other income, which predominantly consists of advertising
and distribution revenues, increased by 7.0 pct
* Group will continue with its strategic expansion and
renovation plans during 2017 with 13 new sites scheduled to
open, 6 in uk and 7 in row, and several major refurbishments
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage:
(Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)