MADRID Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
Trending On Reuters
Indian shot putter Inderjeet Singh said on Tuesday he has been notified by the national anti-doping agency (NADA) that he has returned a positive test for banned substances in his A sample. Full Article
- F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil - reports
- Sri Lanka opt to bat against Australia in first test
- FIFA chief wants two more Africa slots in expanded World Cup
- West Ham's Creswell out for up to four months, Lanzini injured
- IOC has 'no interest in clean sport' - whistleblower