NEW DELHI Shooter Abhinav Bindra will get a free lifetime railway pass for winning his nation's first solo title in an Olympics on Monday -- a perfect reward for someone who says he dislikes air travel.
The pass will allow airconditioned first class travel with a companion for the shooter who constantly flies around the world for major meets.
Bindra, 25, won the men's 10m air rifle gold medal at the Beijing Games, bringing unbridled joy to his medal-starved nation which has showered him with many cash incentives.
Asked after his triumph in Beijing if he was looking forward to going home to a hero's welcome, the laconic Bindra replied: "Not really. I don't like plane travels."
However, the shooter has no fear of flying, an Indian shooting official said.
Trending On Reuters
Aaron Finch is to be dumped as Australia's captain in the shortest form of the game and replaced by test skipper Steve Smith just a month before the start of the World Twenty20, The Age newspaper reported on Monday. Full Article
- EXCLUSIVE: U.S. athletes should consider not attending Olympics if fear Zika - officials
- Arsenal defeats Bournemouth, Manchester United held to a 1-1 draw with Chelsea
- Brendon McCullum dismissed for 47 in final ODI
- Yasir Shah banned for three months for doping
- Napoli and Juventus look ahead to crunch match