BRUSSELS A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Trending On Reuters
Republican Donald Trump and second-placed Democrat Bernie Sanders could be heading to an unconventional U.S. presidential debate in California, in the latest twist to an unusual campaign. Full Article
- Afghanistan sees Taliban leader as rigid conservative uninterested in peace
- Clashes at French protests, union warns of Euro soccer disruption
- G7 agrees need strong message on South China Sea; China says don't "hype"
- Italy says migrant boat capsized, second in two days
- Exclusive - Bangladesh probes 2013 hack for links to central bank heist