MUMBAI Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan was admitted to a hospital in suburban Mumbai on Sunday after he suffered an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.
The 36-year-old actor, whose latest film "Guzaarish" opened in cinemas on Friday, is currently under observation in hospital, his spokeswoman told Reuters.
"My lungs just closed, throat went into spasm, couldn't breathe. I was rushed to the hospital in time," the actor said in a statement.
"But it's all good. Was celebrating 'Guzaarish' at home, now celebrating from here," he said.
Roshan, whose performance as a paraplegic in the film has been praised, is likely to be discharged on Sunday night.
Trending On Reuters
- Elton John tells Russians he still wants to meet Putin to talk gay rights
- Green diamond sells for $16.8 million, sets auction record
- German court allows music sampling for hip-hop producer
- Ecstasy use jumps in Europe, no longer just a dance drug-report
- Poland to appeal court decision not to extradite Polanski to U.S