CAIRO President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
Bangladesh's Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a final appeal by the leader of the top Islamist party against a death sentence for atrocities committed during the 1971 war of independence, lawyers said, meaning he could be hanged at any time. Full Article
- Nepal crisis averted as Maoists remain in coalition
- Unrelenting fire forces more evacuations in Canadian oil sands region
- Air strikes on refugee camp in Syria kill at least 28 - Syrian Observatory
- Vietnam asks Japan for vessels to strengthen coastguard
- Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House