CAIRO President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
The Syrian who blew himself up in southern Germany, wounding 15 people, had pledged allegiance to Islamic State on a video found on his mobile phone, the Bavarian Interior Minister said on Monday. Full Article
- Two teens killed, many injured in Florida nightclub shooting
- Turkey detains 42 journalists in crackdown as Europe sounds alarm
- Scotland's Sturgeon preparing for independence to keep post-Brexit options open
- EPA clears path to regulate carbon emissions from U.S. aircraft
- Regional armies struggle in last push against Boko Haram