BEIJING China said on Tuesday that it had not heard of Pakistan's proposal for China to help it build a naval port at the deep water port of Gwadar.
"Regarding that specific cooperative project, I have not heard of it," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news briefing in Beijing.
"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," she said.
She was referring to Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's visit to Beijing last week.
(Reporting by Michael Martina; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Trending On Reuters
Turkey's top brass and political leaders were poised to launch a major overhaul of the armed forces on Thursday after a failed military coup that has shaken the nation of nearly 80 million people and alarmed its NATO allies. Full Article
- Armed with party support, Clinton to make case for the White House
- German police raid mosque and apartments in crackdown on Salafists
- Second French church attacker was known to police - sources
- Senior Pakistani officer to investigate British woman's suspected 'honour killing'
- Fervent jihadist or suicidal refugee: the many faces of Bavarian bomber