ANCHORAGE, Alaska The Wasilla, Alaska, beauty salon credited with designing Sarah Palin's trademark "up-do" hairstyle will be the subject of its own reality television show, "Big Hair Alaska".
TLC, the same cable network that produced and aired "Sarah Palin's Alaska," has announced a two-part series about the Beehive, the salon that counts the former governor and onetime Republican vice presidential nominee as one of its devoted clients.
The identity of the salon was not revealed in a news release sent out last week by TLC. The release simply said the show "goes inside a busy hair salon in Wasilla, Alaska, where the personalities of the owner and her staff are as big as the hairstyles they create."
But the Beehive, owned by Palin fan Jessica Steele, issued a Facebook post confirming that it was the subject of the TLC show.
"TLC just announced their fall lineup, and we are on it!!!! Our show is called Big Hair Alaska!!!! Omg!!! It's really happening!!!! :)," said the message, posted on Monday.
Steele was not immediately available on Tuesday for comment. However, there is already a new Facebook page called "Big Hair Alaska."
(Editing by Steve Gorman and Cynthia Johnston)
Trending On Reuters
- Video: Bob Dylan turns 75 on May 24
- Angelina Jolie to teach at London School of Economics on women in conflict
- Kanye West is sued by Hungarian rock star for alleged song theft
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse, animation trove up for auction
- Bone fragment of murdered archbishop of Canterbury begins English pilgrimage