LOS ANGELES Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
Trending On Reuters
- Elton John tells Russians he still wants to meet Putin to talk gay rights
- Green diamond sells for $16.8 million, sets auction record
- German court allows music sampling for hip-hop producer
- Ecstasy use jumps in Europe, no longer just a dance drug-report
- Poland to appeal court decision not to extradite Polanski to U.S