LOS ANGELES Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
Trending On Reuters
Harry Potter is casting a spell, again, over the publishing industry Full Article
- Streaming activity helps keep Drake's 'Views' atop Billboard 200
- LVMH sells loss-making Donna Karan to G-III in $650 million deal
- Greece may win over tourists shunning Turkey, but could also feel impact
- Bolshoi Ballet marks 60th anniversary of landmark London visit
- Ai Weiwei puts himself back in a jail cell in new Spanish show