LOS ANGELES Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
Trending On Reuters
Celebrities and the elite unleashed tech-themed haute couture at the Met Gala on Monday night in New York, lighting up the Twittersphere much like a dress worn by Claire Danes. Full Article
- Beyonce's 'Lemonade' tops Billboard, Prince reigns on album chart
- Hulk Hogan seeks second slam of Gawker over racist comments leak
- Still no will found for Prince as Minnesota court opens probate process
- Chicago woman sues Starbucks for putting too much ice in drinks
- Video: Batman and smells at TCM Classic Film Festival