TOKYO A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 jolted northeastern Japan on Monday, public broadcaster NHK said. The quake, at 11:46 a.m. (0246 GMT), was also felt in Tokyo.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Reporting by Chikafumi Hodo)
Trending On Reuters
President Tayyip Erdogan tightened his grip on Turkey on Saturday, ordering the closure of thousands of private schools, charities and other institutions in his first decree since imposing a state of emergency after the failed military coup. Full Article
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Kabul attack, 80 dead
- Munich gunman fixated on mass killing, had no Islamist ties
- Attacking Trump, Democrat Kaine makes campaign-trail debut
- Nepal PM appears set to lose no-confidence vote as allies depart
- Thai police charge two eight-year-old girls who tore down pink lists