TOKYO A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 jolted northeastern Japan on Monday, public broadcaster NHK said. The quake, at 11:46 a.m. (0246 GMT), was also felt in Tokyo.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Reporting by Chikafumi Hodo)
Trending On Reuters
Donald Trump brought his message of walls and deportations to the doorstep of America’s busiest border crossing on Friday as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee greeted supporters in San Diego, amid one of the largest counter-protests organized against him. Full Article | Video
- Rio de Janeiro police investigate alleged gang rape that has shocked Brazilians
- Putin warns Romania, Poland - you may now be in Russia's cross-hairs
- U.N. urges Syrian government to stop blocking aid deliveries
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash, search intensifies
- Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms