June 7, 2012 / 2:40 AM / 5 years ago

Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit

1 Min Read

SEOUL, June 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) said on Thursday the latest version of its flagship smartphone Galaxy S will go on sale in the U.S. market as planned, despite a sales injunction request filed by Apple (AAPL.O) to a U.S. court.

"Samsung believes Apple's request is without merit. We will vigorously oppose the request," the South Korean firm said in a statement.

"We would also like to assure consumers that the U.S. launch and sales of the GALAXY S III will proceed as planned."

U.S. sales of the third generation Galaxy S model, which hit store shelves in some 28 countries last week, have been widely expected to start later this month.

(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin)

((miyoung.kim@thomsonreuters.com)(822 3704 5651)(Reuters Messaging: miyoung.kim.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net)) Keywords: APPLE SAMSUNG/LAUNCH

C Reuters 2012. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing, or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below