* The BSE index up 0.18 percent and the NSE index
rises 0.22 percent, led by gains in auto shares on
higher-than-expected October vehicle shares.
* Maruti Suzuki shares up 1 percent, after the company
said its October vehicle sales up 86 percent.
* Mahindra & Mahindra gains 1.33 percent after
reporting on year rise of 29 percent in vehicle sales in
* Bharti Airtel shares surged 3.8 percent on hopes of
a price increase and lower competition due to higher spectrum
prices, dealers said.
* Wipro rises 3.6 percent after the company's Chief
Financial Officer Suresh Senapaty said profit margins are
expected to improve after it separates its non-IT businesses
into a separate company.