* The BSE index up 0.86 percent and the NSE index
adds 0.84 percent.
* Domestic market gains in line with Asian shares that advanced
with returning risk appetite on Friday as data suggested some
stabilisation in the global recovery trend, particularly in the
United States and China.
* Bank shares gain after they had underperformed the NSE index
in recent days on concerns over provisioning against
* ICICI Bank rises 1.43 percent, and the State Bank of
India up 0.9 percent.
* Wipro Ltd. shares up 1 percent after reporting a 24
percent rise in September quarter profit at 16.11 billion
rupees, beating estimates
* Power Grid shares rose 0.9 percent a day after it
said September quarter net profit rose 59 percent to 11.26