* The BSE index up 1.19 percent and the NSE index
adds 1.11 percent.
* Indian shares extend gains after European shares advanced
tracking gains in Asia, although many investors are unlikely to
commit to buying large, new positions before U.S. jobs data
later in the day.
* Recent blue-chip underperformers leading the gain; ITC
up 2.4 percent after falling 2.3 percent this week as
on Thursday close, while Larsen & Toubro gains 2.63
percent after falling 4.6 percent during the same period.
* ICICI Bank gains 1.75 percent after falling 1.95
percent this week.
* Union Bank of India shares jump 7 percent after the
state-run bank reported improvement in its asset quality in the
September quarter. Net NPAs at 2.06 percent versus 2.2 percent
in the April-June quarter.