* The BSE index up 0.55 percent and the NSE index
gains 0.51 percent.
* Banking stocks such as ICICI Bank gain on hopes of
rising demand for loans in the holiday season.
* ICICI bank gains 1.2 percent, while the State Bank of India
is up 1.1 percent.
* Bharti Airtel gains 0.7 percent after reporting
margins slightly better than analysts' expectations, dealers
* Bharti said consolidated net profit fell 29.8 percent to 7.21
billion rupees ($132.5 million)for its fiscal second quarter
ended September from 10.27 billion rupees a year earlier.
* However, shares in Tata Power Co Ltd fell 1.03
percent after posting a surprise second-quarter loss on Tuesday,
hit by higher finance and depreciation costs at its power
projects and lower revenue from its coal units.