* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange down 0.84
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
also falls 0.96 percent.
* Asian shares fell on Thursday as investors worried about the
fiscal crisis in the United States and the European economy's
further deterioration, underpinning safe-haven currencies such
as the yen and dollar.
* Foreign investors bought 7.28 billion rupees of stocks on
Wednesday, when the BSE index rose 0.45 percent,
provisional exchange data showed.
* Major earnings on Thursday: Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd
, Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, Sun
Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Steel Authority of India
Ltd, and Reliance Communications Ltd.
* Also on watch, federal cabinet meet on $5.7 billion mobile
phone airwave surcharge plan, telecoms M&A rule, new pharma