* The BSE index falls 0.45 percent and the NSE index
is down 0.56 percent.
* Falls track lower Asian shares as investors worry about the
fiscal crisis in the United States and a further deterioration
in the European economy.
* Shares of software service providers, which derive a good
portion of profits from the U.S. market, fall: Tata Consultancy
Services down 0.69 percent.
* Traders says the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama
could be a sentimental negative for the Indian IT sector if it
results in increased scrutiny in outsourcing.
* ICICI Bank falls 1.4 percent on profit booking after
gaining 4.1 percent this month as of Wednesday's close compared
with a 2.5 percent gain in the NSE index.
* State Bank of India falls 0.7 percent ahead of its
quarterly earnings results due on Friday.