* The BSE index gains 0.24 percent and the NSE index
is up 0.28 percent.
* MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan
was up 0.1 percent, but concerns over U.S.
fiscal woes as well as Greece's bailout weighing on Asian
* The index of industrial production (IIP), which
measures the output at factories, mines and utilities, is
expected to rise an annual 2.8 percent in September, the fastest
since February, according to a survey of 25 economists.
* Banks and tech companies were leading the gains: ICICI Bank
was up 0.8 percent while Infosys rose 0.7
* State Bank of India was down 0.3 percent while Tata
Steel fell 1.2 percent, after reporting disappointing
earnings on Friday.