MUMBAI, Nov 15 * India's benchmark
BSE index falls 1 percent while the 50-share NSE index
also loses 1 percent.
* Falls mirror worsening global risk environment at the prospect
of drawn-out negotiations over the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
* Software services exporters with U.S. exposure are among the
leading losers. Tata Consultancy Services falls 1.8
percent and Infosys declines 2.2 percent.
* Cement maker Jaiprakash Associates falls 2.6 percent
after posting a 48.6 percent fall in July-September net profit.
* Earnings pull down its rivals: UltraTech Cement
drops 5.1 percent, while ACC falls 2.2 percent.
* However, telecom stocks gain after muted demand at the 2G
auction seen reducing prices for airwaves. Bharti Airtel
shares gain 3.2 percent.