* The BSE index gains 0.35 percent, while the NSE index
is up 0.19 percent, on their way to snap a five-session
* During the week the BSE lost 1.14 percent as of Thursday's
close on fears about protracted negotiations over the "U.S.
cliff" and uncertainty about the euro zone.
* Recent under-performers are among the leading gainers.
* Infosys shares rise 3.4 percent after falling 2.2
percent for the week as on Thursdays close, while cigarette
maker ITC gains 0.6 percent after falling 4.06 percent
for the week.
* Bharti Airtel gains 3.6 percent, heading towards its
fourth day of advances, while Idea Cellular is up 3
* Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgraded Bharti Airtel and Idea
Cellular to 'buy' from 'neutral' citing the positive outcome of
the 2G auction this week.