* The BSE index is up 0.1 percent, while the NSE index
is flat, after both fell in each of the previous six
* Traders remain cautious ahead of the winter session of
parliament set to start on Thursday. The government's will to
pass reforms is considered critical to revive stock markets that
have faltered over the past month and a half.
* Rate-sensitive stocks fall on worries that last week's data
showing easing inflation is unlikely to result in a repo rate
cut this year.
* HDFC is down 0.7 percent, while Axis Bank
falls 1.1 percent.
* However, telecom stocks extend a recent rally after last
week's auction of 2G spectrum fetched lower prices than the
government had targeted.
* Bharti Airtel gains 2.4 percent, after surging 9.3
percent last week.