* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.14
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
was up 0.7 percent.
* Asian shares rose on Tuesday on hopes of a compromise in the
U.S. fiscal crisis, while the euro fell after Moody's Investors
Service scrapped France's top-notch credit rating, reminding
investors of the protracted euro zone debt crisis.
* Foreign investors sold 15.2 million rupees of stocks on
Monday, when the BSE index rose 0.16 percent.
* Traders remain cautious ahead of the winter session of
parliament set to start on Thursday.
* Analysts say the government's will to pass reforms is critical
to revive the stock markets that have faltered over the past
month and a half.