* Shares in Honeywell Automation India shares slump
19.5 percent after saying Honeywell Asia Pacific plans to cut
its stake in the domestic unit.
* Honeywell Asia Pacific plans to sell shares in its Indian unit
to meet market regulator requirements mandating listed companies
must have at least 25 percent public shareholding by next year.
* Honeywell Asia Pacific owns 81.24 percent stake in Honeywell
Automation, and would thus need to cut its stake to 75 percent.
* Traders had speculated Honeywell Asia Pacific, itself a unit
of Honeywell International Inc, would prefer to delist
the Indian company.
* The decision to reduce the stake was instead seen as
Honeywell's plan to keep the Indian listing, traders say.