* The BSE index gains 0.56 percent, while the NSE index
advances 0.52 percent.
* Private sector banks gain on value-buying: ICICI Bank
gains 1.8 percent after falling 2.5 percent in
November as of Tuesday's close, while HDFC Bank is up
* Shares in software services exporters gain tracking the
weakening Indian rupee, which has fallen 2.4 percent
against the U.S. dollar this month as of Tuesday's close.
* Tata Consultancy Services gains 0.5 percent, while
Infosys gains 1.2 percent.
* However, shares in Bharti Airtel fall 1.3 percent on
profit-booking after surging 14.6 percent so far in November as
of Tuesday's close.