* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rise 0.18
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
is up 0.75 percent.
* The yen falls to a 7-1/2-month low versus the dollar, lifting
Japan's Nikkei share average to a six-month high, on mounting
expectations of aggressive policy action under a likely new
* Asian stocks outside Japan are also in demand and investors
will focus on HSBC China flash PMI for November due later on
Thursday to see whether a low point for China, the world's
second largest economy, is over.
* Foreign investors bought 1.82 billion rupees of stocks on
Wednesday, when the BSE index rose 0.72 percent.
* Investors seem to be pinning their hopes on the government
being able to gain some traction on bills to liberalise the
insurance, pension and banking sectors during the winter session
of parliament which begins on Thursday.
* Public sector stocks also on watchlist after India is to allow
state-run Life Insurance Corp (LIC) to triple the maximum stake
it can hold in other companies to 30 percent in a move seen as
helping a government sell-off of its own holdings in a range of
(email@example.com; +91 22 61807225; Reuters