* The BSE index gains 0.29 percent, while the NSE index
advances 0.24 percent, turning slightly positive for the
* Software services stocks are among the leading gainers
tracking the weakening Indian rupee.
* Infosys gains 1.4 percent, while Wipro
gains 1 percent.
* Banking stocks also gain on hopes the winter session of
parliament kicking off on Thursday will pass bills to liberalise
the insurance, pension and banking sectors.
* The Indian government's move to allow state-run Life Insurance
Corp (LIC) to triple the maximum stake it can hold in other
companies to 30 percent also helping banks, dealers say.
* State Bank of India gains 1.9 percent, recovering
after falling 2.3 percent in November as of Wednesday's close.
Axis Bank gains 2.1 percent.