* The BSE index and the NSE index flat, as
investors wait for announcements regarding proposed bills to
open up the insurance, pension and banking sectors in the
ongoing winter session of parliament.
* On Thursday India approved a new drug pricing policy designed
to increase the number of drugs deemed essential that are
subject to price caps, a move that will curtail prices.
* GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals down 1.2 percent,
Ranbaxy Laboratories falls 0.3 percent.
* The NSE bank index that gained 1.78 percent outperforming the
50 share NSE index in the last three trading sessions was
trading lower, ICICI Bank down 0.4 percent.
* Hindustan Copper Ltd down 12.46 percent, after
government set the base price at 155 rupees a share for its 4
percents stake sale, way below Thursday's closing price of