* The BSE index rises 1.05 percent and the NSE index
gains 1 percent.
* Asian shares gain for the seventh day in a row on Tuesday
while commodities rise after a deal on new debt targets for
Greece and a political agreement on disbursing the next
installment of aid.
* However, a lot depends on the Indian government's ability to
pass pending bills given that the opposition lawmakers have
paralysed the parliament, demanding rollback of the government's
flagship reforms announced in September.
* Moody's says that the outlook on its Baa3 rating for India is
stable, citing the country's large, diverse economy and strong
gross domestic product growth as supportive of the rating.
* Leading the gains: HDFC Bank rose 2 percent,
Mortgage lender HDFC rises 2.05 percent while ITC
is up 1.13 percent.