* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rise 0.37
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
is up 0.65 percent.
* Asian shares edged up on Friday on expectations a deal will
eventually be reached to avoid a U.S. fiscal crisis, but
investors wary about taking big positions before the year-end
likely to take profits on rises and buy on dips.
* Foreign investors bought 15.80 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 8.96 billion rupees on Thursday, when
the BSE index rose 1.75 percent.
* The Indian government bowed to intense opposition pressure and
agreed on Thursday to a vote on its decision to let foreign
supermarkets set up shop in India, taking a major step towards
ending a deadlock that has paralysed parliament for days.
* Traders awaiting September-quarter gross domestic product
data, due to be released at 0530 GMT on Friday, with growth seen
slowing to its lowest in nearly a decade for the year ending in